Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 176 in a Year of my Life

Bubbles cooked dinner tonight!

Tacos - with an abundant choice of fillings.  Lettuce, tomato, onion, grated carrot, grated cheese, tomato salsa sauce and sour cream.

It's been so long since I had tacos, about 3 years I think, and I thoroughly enjoyed them!  I've also never tried them with sour cream or grated carrot, but I will definitely be having them like that in the future.

Thanks Bubbles :)

Adoring Husband and I had another morning of shopping, replacing a broken kettle, toaster and vacuum cleaner.

The afternoon was then spent grooming the psychotic dogs.

Hair cuts and baths all round.

Here is a photo, compliments of Bubbles ...


I think it took more than 2 hours to do all three of them.  A big job, but so worth it!  Now they look and smell like clean dogs, instead of like nobody owns them!

We have to do some furniture moving early tomorrow morning before the carpet layers arrive, so I might unpack the side board tonight before I go to bed.

So to take up a bit of space tonight, I will share some more quotes ...






I think I really need to start taking better notice of some of these quotes myself :)

Today, I am grateful for a full, happy, sunshiny day of sharing the family love.

Nite all.

No comments: