Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 175 in a Year of my Life

Here I sit, at 4.40pm, in my white office chair, at my shiny new desk and surrounded by lots of colourful happy things, writing my blog post early.


Everything that needs to find a new home in my work area, is still packed in either the spare bedroom, or the container that's parked in the back yard.

Small steps.

The carpet gets laid in the lounge room on Monday and then we will begin unpacking everything and putting it all in it's rightful place.  There are just a few little loose ends around the outside of the house that the builders have to tidy up, and we will almost be back to normal.

Bubbles is still here and will be a big help over the coming days while we get organised.

In the meantime, she is having a lovely and relaxing time on her holiday.


It's nice to have her here.  The psychotic dogs think so too and even though you can't see them in this photo ... they have barely left her side since she arrived!

Adoring Husband is now resting quietly (insert 'sleeping') in the new recliner lounge chair in the lounge room, after another big day of assembling and housework and a trip to the tip to get rid of an abundance of packaging.

I've had a wonderful day sitting here and enjoying the ambience of my new work space.

My first priority, once everything is unpacked, will be to finally complete the Road Trip Photo book from our (BGWLBH and I) road trip last year.  It was supposed to be a gift for her 50th birthday and I doubt if I'll even get it finished before her 51st birthday!!

Sometimes life gets in the way doesn't it?!

I can almost feel new energy beginning to stir in my veins!

Today, I am grateful for a fresh beginning.  Though the tornado was traumatic, it has forced us to de-clutter and re-assess and cleanse.  I feel better for that.

Nite all.  

No comments: