Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 179 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband and I had the BEST WEDDING EVER, three years ago today.

To celebrate, my combined birthday and anniversary present, was a trip down to the Sunny Coast to spend time with the family and partake of some retail therapy, which is a sure winner for any occasion!

It was a long day - 12 hours from when we left, to when we arrived back home, but it was a great day and I had a good time.

A big day for Adoring Husband who had to do all the driving ... but we all know that he enjoys retail therapy as much as the rest of us!

It was lovely to see little Chicklet again who is growing up so quickly, it scares me!  I think she had some fun with her Aunty Bubbles and with Poppy Bawwy.

Eumundi Markets are always fun to attend and today was no exception.  I'd love to go there one day with no time limit and no spending limit!!

Anyway, I was going to write a much longer post, but I've been interrupted a few times by a dog that seems to be a little 'out of sorts' tonight, so I think I will take him to bed and see how much sleep I can get before he disturbs us.

He had us up three times last night, but seemed ok this morning.  He was even ok this evening when we arrived home, but has appeared to be a bit restless tonight.

Best go give him some TLC.

Today, I am grateful for my lovely family and for Adoring Husband who hasn't been feeling 100%, but who still wanted to make my birthday wish complete.

Nite all.

No comments: