Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 258 in a Year of my Life

After only 4 hours of sleep, we got an early start this morning to attempt to capture a nice sunrise at Mooloolaba.

Before sunrise
Three minutes of colour 
Stormy coastline.
After a little light rain, a brief wave of colour, the sky cleared and we three girls sat in glorious sunshine to eat a hearty breakfast to help us continue through the day.

And let me tell you, I needed a hearty breakfast to get through the afternoon with my little Chicklet!

I've been a dog, on all fours, chasing her around the couch.

I've been a dinosaur (Triceratops to be exact) stomping around the lounge room floor with her in the role of Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I've been a dancing dinosaur!

I was even a hurdling dinosaur!

I was also a snapping crocodile and a back flipping frog.

A grandmother of many talents I feel.

Today I am grateful to know the names of, and recognise the bodies of, many more dinosaurs than I ever imagined possible.  Who'da thunk that a two and a half year old could provide me with such knowledge?

Best get some sleep in preparation for more dinosaur action tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: