Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 261 in a Year of my Life

GO QUEENSLAND!!

Winning 8pts to 4 right now.

I had a pleasant wander around Noosaville this morning.  Found a lovely gift for Vegan Chickie's work area ... three beautiful silk sunflowers ...


... and also found some great little gift shops to browse.  Time passes faster than you think when you're browsing.

It was a nice way to spend the morning while little Chicklet was at the library with Dadu.

The Bare-chested Chef cooked up a storm this afternoon and we had the most delicious meal for dinner.  It was a Malaysian lamb curry that I can't remember the name of, with coconut rice, roasted peanuts, cucumber, pickled cauliflower, boiled egg and dried anchovies.

Everything was placed in separate plates spread over the table so that we could help ourselves and it was AMAZING.  I should have taken a photo!

Today, I am grateful to have a very good chef for a son-in-law and I'd like to add that his cheffing ability is just one of his many assets.

Nite all.

No comments: