Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 264 in a Year of my Life

I would like to introduce to you, the newest member of my Apple family ...



With a 27" screen, bad photos look REALLY REALLY bad, however, the good photos look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

It's a bit of a learning curve, because this one is slightly different to navigate around, compared to the laptop, but I'll get there.

I certainly don't need to wear my glasses while working on this one!

Tomorrow, I'm having a Fifth Avenue Jewellery party.  I expect there will be somewhere between ten and twenty ladies here, so right now, I should be doing a little tidying up, so that I don't have too much to do tomorrow!

I'm having too much fun on my new toy though.

Adoring Husband is on SES duty tonight.  The annual 'Christmas in July' bash is on at the local hall and he is doing his share of setting up, cooking, cleaning, clearing and other such chores.

So I've had a very pleasant evening with some nice background music, no TV and an easy meal of home made soup for dinner.

I made two soups tonight.

Creamy pumpkin and cauliflower with a little chilli and sprinkling of roasted walnuts on top.

Creamy cauliflower, potato and leek with cayenne pepper, also with a sprinkling of roasted walnuts on top.

Both of them are delicious and I've got four single serve containers of each in the freezer for my enjoyment at a later date.  Adoring Husband is not a fan of my creamy cauliflower based soups.  That's ok because it means more for ME!  Yum!

Today, I am grateful for new toys that will ultimately improve my ability to edit photos.  I hope that others will notice the difference in my work!

Nite all.

No comments: