Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 265 in a Year of my Life

It's very late, and I almost decided not to post tonight, but knew I would take longer to fall asleep if I didn't post SOMETHING.

My jewellery party was very successful today.  I had a nice time, although I almost felt like it was an 'out of body' experience.

One lady, whom I had never met before, came as a +friend, because she wanted to meet me!

She admires my photography and even attended my exhibit in Maryborough last year!

So we had a long conversation about photography - she is an enthusiast, and a member of the Maryborough camera club, but she lives locally.

I had set my new large screen monitor up so that my flickr photos ran as a slide show, so she got to see some more of my work.

She was lovely and was very good for my ego - which needs a boost every so often.

So it was a nice crowd and I got to have a chat with most people individually, but like I said, it felt a little surreal and 'out of body'.

I had enough sales that I could buy three items at 50% off, so I bought some lovely shiny, sparkly bling.

Tomorrow's big task, that will require some focus on my behalf, is to write up a quote for a number of my photos.  If this person accepts my quotes, it will be my second international sale!!  Sounds good doesn't it?  "International sale"?

I haven't taken any photos for almost a week, so I'm hanging to get out tomorrow morning with my camera.

Meanwhile, it's almost 1am ... I must go to bed.

Today, I am grateful to have so many lovely people attend my party and spend up!  They were all happy smiley faces ... naturally ... retail therapy, good for the soul.

Nite all.

No comments: