Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 268 in a Year of my Life

Well, it's BEFORE midnight .. in fact, it's not even 11.30pm yet .. it will be, by the time I finish writing this post though.

I didn't wake up til almost 8am today, after a very late night.  I think it was close to 2am when I finally fell asleep.  I'm creating a bad habit of waking late in the morning and missing what I consider to the be the best part of the day.

In the past, I always liked to be out of the house before 7am, but now that I don't visit the Seat of Knowledge, I'm not so motivated to get moving.

I need to change that, because I'm also missing the best light of the day for my photography.

Despite that, I went for a long ride on my trike this morning, because it was the most beautiful morning we've had for weeks.

The sun was shining, the air was clear, the water was a deep blue and twinkling in the sunlight, it was high tide and people lined the river banks with their fishing lines dangling in the water.

With not a cloud in the sky, I sat on my trike on the riverbank and just soaked up the beauty of the day and felt the warmth of the sun on my skin.

Then I rode to the other end of town to the lake, hoping to see some birds.  The flickr challenge this month is 'birds' so I really hoped for something special.  Unfortunately it wasn't to be, but I did stumble across this ...



I've posted the photos on facebook hoping that someone can identify this lovely little fellow.  So far, we've got Keelback, Brown Snake and Brown Tree Snake on the list.

Today, I am grateful that this snake was a long way from me and that I had a long lens to get the shots!

Nite all.

No comments: