Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 263 in a Year of my Life

I love being with my family in the Sunny Coast.

I love spending time with my little Chicklet.

I love being able to go on photo shoots with my photography friends.

I love the energy.

I love the beaches.

I love the shopping.

I love how accessible everything is, including Brisbane city.

I love how close it is to the mountains and rain forests.

I love the markets.

I love the availability of organic produce.

I love the cafes and restaurants and the gluten free options available.

I love so much about the Sunny Coast, that when I am there, I imagine living there and changing our lives.

Then I come home.

As soon as I step inside the door, I know where I'm meant to be.

I love my home.  I love my town.  I love my life.

I think I'll just have to love visiting the Sunny Coast on a regular basis.


Today I'm grateful for a safe trip home to a waiting Adoring Husband with a smile on his face and three psychotic dogs, all psychotically happy to see me.

Nite all.

No comments: