Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 279 in a Year of my Life

Ok let's try for August photo a day.


Sometimes life gets in the way and my months are left incomplete, but, even starting a bit late in the month, I think I can do this.

Good motivation to get the camera out, because sometimes the morning trike ride doesn't bring the results I hope for.

1.  Something beginning with N ...


2.  Incomplete ...


3.  Skyline ...


4.  Fresh ...


There's a good start.

We saw Number One Son onto the train this morning and he arrived home safe n sound this afternoon.

After we got home from the train station, I went for a Nana nap that lasted for 3 hours!  He must have worn me out!

I'm working on my morning green smoothies and lots of home made soups to get plenty of vegetables into my system and it's time to get my regular dose of morning Vitamin D happening again.

Also, very importantly, time to get to bed earlier each night.  It was 2 am this morning when I climbed into bed ... I blame the coffee that I had at the restaurant at 6.30pm.  I usually don't drink tea or coffee in the afternoon/evening.

However, my bedtime has been getting progressively later and later and then I struggle to get out of bed in the mornings.  I hate that.

Queensland mornings are so beautiful and vibrant and clear and worth getting out of bed early for and I simply must NOT get into the habit of sleeping in, because the best part of the day is gone by the time I climb onto my trike!

Today, I am grateful for Nana naps and home made soups and green smoothies and Vitamin D and vegetable gardens abundant with all things delicious.  That's my life :D

Nite all.

No comments: