Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 284 in a Year of my Life

Well, I think yesterday's big adventure has caught up with me.  Exhaustion is quickly setting in.

While Adoring Husband was on out SES duty today, I spent most of the time watching movies.  The first was a really nice one with Queen Latifa and Dolly Parton in it, called 'Joyful Noise'.  I missed about 15 minutes in the middle while I hung out some washing and picked some veggies from the garden, but I really enjoyed it.

The second one was an older movie from 1998 with Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd called 'The Object of my Affection'.  I enjoyed that one too.

It was a really nice way to relax and regenerate after yesterday's experience on the whale watching boat.

So I'm off to bed before midnight and before I get my second wind!

Today I am grateful for quiet afternoons in solitude, and fresh vegetables from the garden, both of which help me to restore lost energy.

Nite all.

No comments: