Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

Spent most of the day in the laundry and the kitchen today.

Made a batch of Adoring Husband's muesli because he used the last of the last batch this morning and I'm going away tomorrow morning.

I made chocolate brownies and some chocolate truffles, which AH loves and they are healthier than other junk food that he loves.

I also made a delicious meatloaf stack.

Preheat the oven at 180C.

Half a kg of minced beef, mixed with half an onion chopped finely, 3 kale leaves finely shredded, one finely chopped chilli, 3 garlic cloves minced, one egg and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix it all together and divide into two equal parts.

Boil approximately 8 small potatoes in their jackets until tender.  Lightly crush them in a bowl with about 80gms of butter and sprinkle salt and pepper over the top.  Mix until the butter is melted.

Lay half of the mince mixture evenly over the bottom of a loaf tin.  Slice enough tomato thickly to cover the mince layer and then sprinkle salt and black pepper over the top.  Cover that with thick slices of mushrooms.  Over the top of that, lay slices of bacon.

The next layer is the rest of the mince mixture, then slice peeled eggplant to cover that layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  On top of that goes the potato mix.  Grate some parmesan cheese over the top and place in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes, then increase the temp to 220C and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes.

Delicious!!

Anyway, I am off to continue packing for my trip to the Sunny Coast tomorrow morning.

Catch up tomorrow.

Nite all.


No comments: