Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Scary Stuff

There are males all over Australia who have in the past scoffed at me for suggesting that Roundup was a dangerous and toxic chemical.

The standard response "Roundup neutralises as soon as it hits the soil!"

PFFT!!

Monsanto and all the big chemical companies have been sucking us into their web of lies for years and we, along with our loved ones, are suffering the consequences of those lies now.

There are elderly men all over the world, who are taking medications for all sorts of diseases like Parkinsons, Diabetes, Dementia, bowel problems and cancers (including the prevalent prostate cancer), who have happily been using Roundup in the garden, without protection, for many many years, believing that it was totally safe to do so.

Well, I'm here to tell you that there is more and more evidence to show that Roundup is not safe and they are now comparing it to Agent Orange and DDT.

Follow this link for more information, including the results of a recent study.

Why Monsanto's Roundup is the most toxic chemical in the environment


This is of special interest to me because my granddaughter has recently been diagnosed on the Autism spectrum and my husband has Parkinson's Disease.

Here are some more links to follow - especially to those women who I know read this blog and who might be concerned about the use of this chemical in their own gardens.

Heavy use of Roundup herbicide linked to health dangers - US Study

Lethality of Roundup weed killer extends beyond plants to humans.

Weed Killer kills human cells

Dutch city of Rotterdam bans Roundup

Roundup Herbicide causes smorgasboard of fatal diseases

There are so many more links that I could add here, but I'm sure that if you are as concerned as I am, you will find plenty of information on the web.

... and now for less serious matters

A couple of photos from the wedding .. yes I am still working my way through them and hope to have them finished by the weekend.




I think that I've recovered from last weekend's celebrations and my body should be back to normal, ready for this coming weekend's celebrations!  I will definitely NOT be over indulging!

Time for bed - hopefully for a sound night's sleep.

Nite all.




No comments: