Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

So Interesting!

I spent all day in the kitchen today, cooking up a storm!

Real bone broth ... still simmering away, after 14 hours.  I'll keep it going til tomorrow morning, so it will be 24 hours.  All that marrow and deliciousness oozing it's way into the broth.  Yummy!

I also slow roasted a rolled beef and made some real gravy out of the juices.

I used the old tomatoes in the fridge, some red capsicum, onion, two chillies and a little kombucha to make a spicy tomato sauce.  I got 3 containers out of the batch, so froze two of them and will use the third tomorrow.

I made 3 containers of Coriander Pesto.  It's full of brazil nuts, pine nuts and pepitas, as well as lemon juice and macadamia oil, plus loads of organic coriander.

I cooked a batch of chocolate brownies, but unfortunately I got distracted and left them in the oven a little longer than I should have, so they're a bit dry .. but still taste great with strawberries and whipped full cream!

Last, but not least, was a batch of Chocolate Coconut Truffles.  I was very impressed to get a batch of 45 truffles (the recipe stated 36), which I hope will last a while .. although Adoring Husband might have his eyes on them, since he didn't buy any of his special chocolate this week.

Tomorrow, I have 2kgs of chicken frames to make up a batch of chicken stock, but other than that, I will focus on photos and editing .. I still haven't finished editing the wedding photos .. so slack of me!

In the meantime, I found this video today, which was made three years ago and is still very relevant today.  Dr Oz has even supported this theory and I have always been a firm believer in eating your way to good health and curing some diseases this way.

The video runs for almost 25 minutes, but is very interesting!  I wouldn't share it if I didn't think it was worth your while.



I've enjoyed early bedtimes for three nights in a row now and have slept soundly for about 7 hours each night (unheard of for me, for about 8 years - since my mother passed away in 2005).

I've also enjoyed waking up earlier and getting a few chores done before I go for my ride to the Seat of Knowledge.

I'm feeling great, and although my back struggled with standing on the tiled kitchen floor for so many hours today, a few 20 minute breaks in between each recipe, helped, and right now I am pain free, so I'm very happy with that!

It looks like tonight will be another early night!

Nite all.

No comments: