Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Big Plans

Well, yes, I had big plans for tonight's blog post, but time got away from me, so I'm afraid it's another short and sweet effort.

 A couple of black and white shots from the wedding last month...




I still haven't tidied my work area and I think it's having an effect on my brain!  Messy work space, messy brain.  Just can't seem to get my act together.  Perhaps I should seriously dedicate tomorrow morning to creating a more user friendly work space ... no more procrastinating!!

I won the flickr challenge for the second month in a row for 'Vertical Landscape' with this photo.


My self esteem is suitably boosted (which is the prize for each challenge).

'The Nikonian' won the other challenge (One of the 7 Deadly Sins), also for the second month in a row!

We are on a roll!

Now I have to think of a theme for December's challenge.  I'm off to find my thinking cap.

Nite all.




No comments: