Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cooking up a Storm

After a fantastic breakfast at the Lions Park, by the river, catching up with old friends, I pedalled home, hard against a strong head wind so that I could get started in the kitchen.

I made the nutty seedy bread that I've been dying to try for a couple of weeks.

It's very heavy and very nutty and seedy.

I waited, as per instructions, until it had cooled to room temperature before cutting and then I slathered butter on it to taste ... very nice ... then I added some raw honey ... delicious.  Tomorrow I will try it with avocado.  I'll also attempt to toast it and see what happens.

The bread making took about 4 hours and it's not your regular crusty bread with a soft fluffy centre.

In between times, I made some more of my magic muesli for Adoring Husband.

For lunch I fried up some zucchini fritters.

For dinner, chicken breast with chilli paste and onion, baked on a bed of orange slices.  To accompany the chicken, potato mash with raw onion, broccoli, cabbage and kale chips on the side.

I still have quite a pile of recipes to try tomorrow.

Last night, I stayed awake til 2.30am watching Australia win the Rugby League World Cup final against New Zealand.  It was played in England, hence the stupid time that I was watching it!

So after my poor sleep over my three days away, and then last night's effort, my body is definitely starting to feel it tonight.

As soon as I sign off here, I will be climbing into bed for an 'earlier than usual' night.

One photo from the weekend away.  The lovely 'Woman of Many Talents' ...


I hope to spend some time tomorrow, finishing off the wedding photos and starting on our 'Lady's Christmas Party' shots.

... and it's "Goodnight" from me.

Nite all.

No comments: