Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Study Free Day

I took today, Sunday, as a day of rest and spent most of it on the couch watching movies and the football.

I woke up to the smell of chicken stock still on the heat after almost 24 hours gently simmering, so I had to spend some time packaging that and loading it into the freezer, before heading off to the Seat of Knowledge.

I returned home to find Adoring Husband making a delicious bacon and egg breakfast for us, which was a good way to start a lazy day.

I've decided to make a 'vision' board for my work space.  A vision board to inspire and encourage me to study hard and fulfil the dream and plan that was in my head when I chose this course.  I still feel out of my depth, though every day gets a bit easier and I'm feeling more comfortable, so a vision board will be just the thing to help keep me focussed and enthusiastic.

I'll take a photo of it when I'm finished.

This is an old photo from a shoot that I did with some photographer friends at Coolum Beach last year, The Nikonian being one of them .. the same lovely people have invited me to Bunya Mountains in June for a weekend of friendship and photography and I'm really looking forward to that .. I always learn a lot from them when we are together.


I've missed my photography a bit lately .. I may have to rearrange my study schedule to include a couple of hours out and about with my camera.  I'd very much like to do some portrait photography of some of our local characters around town, but I know I don't have time for that right now.  If I can get ahead with my assignments .. that could be my reward!

Meanwhile, a friend suggested that I turn off my computer an hour before I go to bed .. to help me fall asleep easier at night.  So I'm doing that tonight and will turn off all technology while I sit and read one of my text books .. if that doesn't put me to sleep, nothing will!

Nite all.

No comments: