Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Write Off

I did a lot of cooking today!

I should have been studying, but I've been studying so much, I feel like our diet was beginning to suffer and I needed some time in the kitchen to make something nutritious.

I was given some small frozen chickens that were freshly killed from the farm .. plucked and cleaned, so I used one of them, plus the livers from all of them to make a delicious broth.  I simmered celery, carrot, garlic, capsicum, onion and chilli with the chicken for about 10 hours.

I strained the broth into containers and then cooked up some diced carrot, onion, silverbeet, spinach and zucchini and added that to the broth, along with the livers diced up.

Chicken livers are high in protein and are a rich source of Iron, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin A.

I got a dozen containers of broth out of that chicken, so I'll take a few containers down to the Seat of Knowledge in the morning and give them to the boys.  The Little Gnome will get a couple of containers, because he gave me the chickens.

While the broth was simmering, I made the Four Cheese Spinach Tart for our lunch to accompany a Prawn, Avocado and Grape salad.

Then for dinner I made Sweet Potato Chips and a Baby Spinach Salad to have with the Four Cheese Tart.

I got a bit of housework done today too, so even though I didn't study, I still had a productive day.

I want to finish two of my assignments by the end of this weekend, so that I can plan to spend a few days down the Sunny Coast to visit my Chicklet family.

I'm also doing a First Aid course at the SES shed on the weekend too, so that will take up some of my study time.

There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done around here.  How the hell did I ever work full time?

Nite all.

No comments: