Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Bird is Gone!

Yesterday, we noticed that SEB (Someone Else's Bird) had a completely bald head!  She rarely comes out of the nesting box, so we don't get to see her very often .. which is why we hadn't noticed her balding appearance.

OB (Our Bird) has been a bit aggressive with SEB lately, so I watched during the day and every time SEB tried to eat or drink, OB attacked her.

I told Adoring Husband that "enough was enough!" and that it was time to get rid of OB.  OB has been a pain in the 'you-know-what' ever since we got her.  She is loud, aggressive, anti-social and constantly annoying.  It's time to go OB!

We've had two offers in the last few months.  One from a pet shop in Hervey Bay and one from a plant nursery on the outskirts of Hervey Bay that has a large aviary on the grounds, filled with cockatiels.

While I was out this morning, Adoring Husband decided to get OB out of the cage and take her to the plant nursery.

Unfortunately, he got OB into the box, but the lid slipped and OB escaped!

Meanwhile ... SEB has not set foot out of the nesting box ALL DAY!

We know that there are 5 eggs in the box.  Three on SEB's side of the box and two on OB's side of the box.  Every time I open the box to have a look, SEB is sitting there guarding her eggs.

I wonder if she is stressed or fretting over the lost OB?

The other strange thing that occurred today was down at the Seat of Knowledge.

I took some containers of the chicken broth that I made yesterday down for the boys, but Gentleman Jim wasn't there .. which was unusual, because he usually tells us if he isn't going to be there.

So I rode to his van at the park.  His car was parked there, his shoes and socks were at the steps of the van, his slip on shoes were outside the front door of the annexe, his bath towel was draped over the chair outside, but there was no sign of Gentleman Jim.

I knocked twice and called out his name .. nothing.

I tried to look inside his bedroom window, but I'm too short and couldn't see anything.

I walked over to the caravan park office, which isn't very far from his van and asked the lady if she knew where he was.  She came over to the van and knocked on the sliding door quite loudly, but there was no answer.  She said he should have been there.

She offered to take the soup to keep it in the freezer for him and would take it to him later in the day.

I left, still feeling a little worried, but there wasn't anything else that I could do.

I assume that since nobody has knocked on my door with bad news today, it means that nothing 'untoward' has happened.

From there I rode to the shops to get my morning coffee (I can't believe I'm drinking coffee every day again!  Just one.)  and checked the mail box to find a parcel slip.  It was a big box from BGWLBH!  My birthday box, full of surprises!

Three pieces of beautiful jewellery, charms for wine glasses, some chocolate moulds with a mini spatula, a set of 3 colourful candle holders, a set of red and white striped ice cream cups.  I love our birthday tradition of sending a box full of lots of presents, all wrapped separately.  They are such fun to open!

I submitted this photo in the flickr Black & White challenge today ...


I also got a little study in today, but I need to intensify my effort tomorrow .. no distractions!

Nite all.

No comments: