Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Day of Rest

I have a mole on my face .. on my chin .. and after a heavy bump to it on the weekend, it became infected and I could feel the glands in my neck swollen and quite hard.  The mole itself was also swollen, hard and painful to touch.

I figured that things could get quite serious if I didn't try 'something' to fix it .. and you all know how I hate doctors!

I know that vitamin C is a healing vitamin and I know that kiwi fruit has masses of vitamin C, so I ate my last 4 organic kiwi fruit last night.

Magnesium is required for many reasons, but it gives your body energy.  Energy to heal itself.  So I massaged magnesium oil into my neck and around my glands ... clearing the glands is important to avoiding further infection and a couple of the 'natural' websites suggested this.

I mixed raw honey and apple cider vinegar together, both of which have strong healing, natural antibacterial qualities and are used as natural antibiotics, so with a cotton tip, I painted the mixture onto the mole 3 times a day.

I'm also drinking LOTS of water to help my body remove the toxins.

I only started doing this last night before I went to bed and I can already feel the difference.  The swelling in my neck and chin has eased a little and the mole has reduced in size.  I can still feel the tenderness, so I need to continue with my experimental treatment and hopefully, I won't require any medical assistance.

I must say that I have been constantly chanting to my body (inside my head) telling it to get better and telling it that any other treatment is not an option .. mentally spreading the white healing light through my body.

Also, I decided to have a quiet relaxing day without study or stress, to hopefully give my body lots of good healing time.

So far, so good.  I will keep you posted.

Today, I found out that my friend Kaz was sick with the flu, so I came home and made some chicken soup for her.  I used home made chicken stock from my freezer and I blended roasted capsicum, carrots, pumpkin, celery, onion, garlic, spinach, chilli, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, salt, pepper and honey to add to the stock.

Lots of goodness, to hopefully help her body heal faster.

I got Adoring Husband to drop it off at her house, on his way to the SES shed tonight.

My photo for the #100happydays challenge was this one ..


Catching birds in the act of doing their 'thing' makes me happy.  This is a Fig Bird.

So that's my day.  Back to study tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: