Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Quietly Does it

Adoring Husband left very early this morning for his trip to Gympie for some more SES training.

I was woken quite early, just after 6.30am, by a concrete mixer next door, laying concrete on their side of the fence, but right outside my bedroom.  That was quite annoying, but I got up and went to visit my boys at the Seat of Knowledge.  I haven't been down to see them for a few days, so it was nice to catch up.

After coffee, I rode home to make some more chicken soup for Lady Lynn who has also succumbed to the nasty flu/cold that's ripping through town and then I delivered it to her hubby, Happy Harry.  I received a lovely 'thank you' text from her this evening.  I hope she recovers quickly.

Two exciting things happened to me today.

Firstly, I got the results of my first assignment in Naturopathic Philosophy - 93% - which falls into the 'High Distinction' category! Pretty pleased with that result, all things considered.

Secondly, I found the first two eggs from our new chookies!


That's my #100happydays challenge photo for the day.

I did get some studying done and have been watching football since 3pm, so it's been a pleasant and quiet day for me.  I've enjoyed it very much.

I think I'll fall into bed now and possibly attempt to get up for a sunrise .. I do struggle to get out of bed when the mornings are chilly, so I don't like my chances :)

Nite all.



 

No comments: