Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

In Flight

Look what I got today!!



We drove over to Arcadia today to have lunch at the pub and afterwards we walked across the road to the beach to walk along the sand.

The eagle suddenly appeared above, soared for a little while and then down he swooped!

It was a nice way to end the day.

I had a quiet morning by myself while the others did their own thing.

I walked down to the little coffee van to get my morning coffee and only took my purse with me. As I walked back to the unit, there sitting out in the open on a tree branch, preening itself for all the world to see, was a Sunbird!!

The first one I've seen all week and of course, I did NOT have my camera with me! Ugh!

Tomorrow morning, we are all getting up early for the sunrise. Maybe the Sunbird will be out again when it's time to come home.

The sky was overcast this morning, so we decided to stay indoors, but the forecast is good for tomorrow morning.

We threw together a roast pumpkin and greens dish tonight with parmesan zucchinis and some of last night's leftover rice and frittata. The Reality TV Queen and I make a good team in the kitchen.

A couple of wines later and everyone is in bed and snoring by 8.30pm .. except me .. of course.

Time for me to do the same now.

Nite all.

No comments: