Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Family Love

I woke up this morning realising that I had forgotten to do last night's blog post .. woops!

Tonight I'm posting a quickie.

I caught up with a younger cousin this morning, who lives on the island, and who I haven't seen for 34 years.


I spoke to his mum on the phone. She was always my favourite aunty.

We had 4 hours together and had a lot to catch up on, but it was like no time had passed at all. I really enjoyed our time together and I'm so pleased that I made the effort.

Tomorrow, Woman of Many Talents and I are heading home. I originally wasn't due home until next Friday, but I am well and truly ready to go home and am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and also seeing Adoring Husband again.

It's been a nice holiday, but I'm done.

... and now I'm ready to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: