Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Forgotten Post

Well, it seems that I forgot about blogging last night! My mind must have been full of Chicklet visits and packing! I even went to bed early.

Tonight's post will be very short because, as usual, I am absolutely exhausted after a full day of Chicklet play. I don't think it would matter how fit and healthy I was, Chicklet is impossible to keep up with and I will always be exhausted at the end of every day that we play.

I arrived at the Sunny Coast at 7.45am and by 2 o'clock this afternoon, I was struggling to keep my eyes open in the middle of a dinosaur game .. in fact I'm sure that she woke me up twice during the game!!

So, it's now not quite 8.30pm and I am ready to turn off the light and close my eyes.

Before I go, I'd like to acknowledge the anniversary of my Dad's passing. I can't believe that it's been seventeen years. I miss him. xxx

Nite all.

No comments: