Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Procrastinating with Rest

Today, I posted this in facebook ...

"PROCRASTINATION comes from the Latin 'pro', which means "forward, forth or in favour of", and 'crastinus', which means "of tomorrow".

I should be either, doing housework OR studying, however, I am procrastinating by reading a book about 'PROCRASTINATION".

I thought of procrastinating about reading the book on procrastination, but everything I need to do is already on my procrastination list.

By the end of the day, I hope to have finished the book and have the new title of 'go-getter' and 'winner'

PS This is me procrastinating instead of reading the book about procrastination."

Nobody asked me the name of the book, but plenty of people could relate to my dilemma, because it seems we all procrastinate .. some do it more than others and some, like me, are so bad, that it has a huge effect on their lives.

I'm hoping this book will help me overcome this problem and change my life in a positive way ... if only I could stop procrastinating and sit down and read it from cover to cover!!

*****

Here is a short excerpt from the book ...

University students are the biggest procrastinators of all and often miss deadlines for essays and assignments.

Their most infamous excuse for missing deadlines is to claim the death of a grandparent. Mortality of grandparents increases several hundredfold during final exams, a statistic that, if taken seriously, suggests that seeing the grandkids being tested is extremely stressful for the elderly!

*****

Anyway, today was a day of rest for me. After such a big day on Saturday, I needed to kick back and take it easy. Lucky for me, my life allows me to do that.

So after our ride down to the Seat of Knowledge and coffee at the 'local' while reading the Sunday papers, Adoring Husband and I came home and I went straight to the bedroom to continue reading my book about 'Procrastination'.

After about an hour, I cooked our lunch, which was Snapper and eggs, poached in chilli, lemon and coconut milk with kale, then sprinkled with coriander, chives and toasted pine nuts. It was something that I made up on the spur of the moment because I had absolutely nothing planned for lunch, but AH loved it and wanted seconds .. unfortunately, there wasn't any seconds left!

Back to the bedroom for some more reading, but I lasted about 30 minutes and then napped for about an hour.

Even though I planned on finishing the book on procrastination, I decided to procrastinate and do some cooking in the kitchen instead. As you do! 

I made some chocolate/hazelnut fudge and some chocolate seedy bliss balls, both of which are very very rich, so they can only be eaten in moderation, which is a good thing for AH, who likes to eat everything to excess! They are incredibly healthy, so it really doesn't matter if he wishes to eat these to excess.

So that was my day. I did get photos of the Tawny chicks out of the nest, but they are still in camera, so I'll share them some time during the week .. unless I procrastinate too much .. but you'll see them eventually!

Nite all.

  

No comments: