Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Blah

That's how I have been feeling all day today.

I was awake most of last night with what felt like food poisoning, but Adoring Husband and I ate the same food for the last two days and he has been fine, so I'm not sure.

It's been a while since I spent the night with a bucket and a toilet bowl and I hope it will be a long time til that happens again!

So my food intake has been limited today and I've kept my fluids up and had a long nap this morning trying to catch up on some sleep. A good night's sleep tonight should have me back to normal tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I played with one of my bug photos this afternoon ...


Definitely need to get out with my macro lens and search out some more bugs!

Thank you Judi for your advice for pork crackle and pork belly .. I will put it to the test next time for sure!

Now I have a couple of hours of reality TV to watch, so I'm reclining in my chair and having a relaxing evening with Adoring Husband at SES training.

Nite all.

No comments: