Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Simple Vision

I have spent most of my day creating my vision board.

I have had most of the pictures for well over a year and I bought the board about 6 months ago, but being the expert procrastinator that I am, it has all been sitting and gathering dust.

For some unknown reason, my brain chose today to create the masterpiece .. probably as a way of avoiding study, because that was my first thought when I woke this morning.

My visions for my future are pretty simple.

Elle Macpherson in the bottom right corner represents me ... because until I see myself in the mirror, that is how my imagination creates my image. I also have admiration for her achievements in both her chosen career and for her business decisions.

The other two females who I chose to share my board, Taylor Swift and Julia Gillard, are also strong women who I admire greatly and who have worked damned hard to get to where they are in their chosen fields and continually fight battles to stay strong and stay on top. A reminder to not rely on luck for any successes that I strive for.

These three women are not my idols, but I do admire them for the strengths that they not only possess but seem to use wisely.

The car represents my wish to some day get my driver's licence .. in my own time .. and not when other people think it's time.

The lap pool .. because everybody knows that one day, I plan on having one in my yard!

The lady in the top right is twice my age, still living at home and healthy as an ox .. I would like to reach that milestone and be as fit, healthy and alert as she is. This would mean that I am only halfway through my life! Perhaps my vision board needs to be extended!

Special mention about the love I have for Adoring Husband, my family and my friendships.

My hopes and plans for continued financial fitness and security.

Also special mention for my health, environmental health, organics, nutrition, fresh fruit n veg and positivity.

All of those smiles winding down the right hand side of the board to convince myself that one day I will be brave enough to visit a dentist and fix my teeth so that I can keep on smiling.

So you see, I don't ask much. There are still a few little gaps in there that I need to fill. All in good time.

It's now hanging on the wall where I will see it every day and seeds of creation will germinate and grow.


Here is the link to last night's episode of Catalyst on the ABC. Well worth watching.

I'm off to get ready .. raffle night at the club awaits.

Nite all.



 

No comments: