Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Retail Therapy

Today, Adoring Husband and I decided to head into The Bay and attempt the sales.

In years gone by, we have agreed to avoid The Bay over the Christmas/New Year period because it's the height of tourist season and unbearably busy, with terrible traffic to contend with and crowds of holiday makers who are always way more stressed than they should be while on holidays!

Surprisingly, we had a great day of shopping and returned home after four hours, relaxed, and arms laden with clothes, pyjamas, shoes, bags, dvds, cds and food.

I bought the dvd of the movie 'Healing' (which, incidentally, has nothing to do with Nutritional Medicine!), the complete boxed series of Ally McBeal and Barbra Streisand's new 'Partners' cd.

Of course, I realised, as I took my first purchase to the sales counter, that I had left both of my keycards at home in my camera bag! I had to search out Adoring Husband and steal one of his cards to do my shopping!

He's a good man :)

So that is our last session of retail therapy for 2014.

A new year is like a blank book.

The pen is in your hands.

It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself.

The last two years, I have fulfilled my New Year Resolutions. They were about getting healthy, eating real foods and studying 'something'.

So 2015 is just around the corner and instead of a New Years Resolution, this year I am going to choose a word that encapsulates my intentions for the whole year ahead.

When I have selected my word, I'll share it here with my reasons for choosing it, so watch this space between now and New Years Eve.

Nite all.




No comments: