Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Intentions

Our intention for New Year's Eve was to join some friends at the local pub for a couple of drinks and be home sometime between 9pm and 10pm.

I was thinking of having an early night and rising at 4am to photograph the first sunrise for 2015.

Instead, we arrived at the pub at 7pm, drank copious amounts of alcohol with our friends (though surprisingly, after a whole bottle of wine to myself, I was not drunk ... happy, but not drunk), and didn't leave the pub until well after midnight.

I climbed into bed at around 1am and fell asleep almost immediately.

While Adoring Husband slept, I arose at about 8.30am and rode to my coffee place and brought back coffee for both of us, then made bacon and eggs for breakfast.

I have been studying ever since.

It has just reached the point of 'blah blah blah blah blah', so I thought I would take the opportunity to do a quick post here.

The words currently spinning around my head are integumentary, thermoregulation, interstitial, gametes, epithelial, organismic, homeostasis, cytoplasm, afferant, efferant, quadinary, osmolarity, isosmotic, nucleoplasm, ribosomes, vesicles, phosphorylation and oxaloacetate, just to name a few!!

See!? I can tell that you are already reading blah blah blah blah!!

I definitely need a break from studies so I think I'll head to the kitchen.

Perhaps I will review my work prior to bed .. that should put me to sleep fairly quickly!

Nite all.

No comments: