Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 5, 2015

Fabulous Friday

I studied!!

I studied bones.

It was incredibly interesting and I will share some of the details in another post, but not tonight.

Our neighbour across the road, who goes fishing in his boat every single day that the weather is fine, delivered a bag of fresh fish yesterday.

I have no idea what kind of fish he provided .. just that it was white fish.

I have to to admit that I was a little concerned while I was eating it today, that it might be sea perch .. which I am allergic to .. but after 4 hours, I was feeling relieved that I was wrong.

It usually takes about 90 minutes for my allergy to sea perch to set in, but it was the same for sea scallops and the last time I ate sea scallops, it took 4 hours for the nastiness to set in. Just as I was feeling excited that my allergy had become non-existent, a wave of nausea flowed over me and I ended up spending hours and hours in the bathroom.

So this time, I waited for four hours before I felt safe.

I coated the fish in a mixture of tapioca flour, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. I fried it in my cast iron frypan in a shallow layer of butter. Absolutely delicious.

There is a big lawn bowls tournament happening in town this weekend, (which is the Queen's birthday long weekend) and on Saturday night, there is a karaoke night at the bowl's club. I've organised with the girls to catch the bus to the club tomorrow night for the occasion and hopefully, we will have a chance to get up and sing.

I'm hoping for a Bohemian Rhapsody singalong .. or there are other options suggested! Let's wait and see!

The boys have decided not to attend. We girls should have some fun anyway.



Enough of this frivolity.

Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: