Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 1, 2015

Sensational Sunday

I thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday with Lady Lynn and Mardi. We drove into town and watched this movie ...



We loved it! Great movie.

Afterwards we enjoyed a little retail therapy, which is always a nice way to end a good day.

I realised, 30 minutes ago, that I hadn't done my photo for this month's flickr challenge, so I grabbed this one that I took on Friday morning and submitted it 10 minutes before the cut-off time of midnight! Whew! The theme is 'Wheels'.


It won't win anything, but I like to submit 'something' each month, just to participate. Every so often I get a pearler, but it's been a while since I've done any good in these challenges.

I made delicious chocolate brownies for dessert this evening and served them with fresh strawberries and cream. Adoring Husband does enjoy a nice dessert after dinner.

True to form, it's after midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: