Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pleasurable.

Adoring Husband had SES duties today, all day.

I arose early and cooked up a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato, mushrooms, spinach and avocado so that he could make it through the day, particularly because yesterday was not as nourishing as it should have been and he was lacking energy when he awoke.

After I visited my boys and got my coffee this morning, I came home and spent more time in the kitchen, making a big pot of tomato sauce and I have another batch of chicken stock brewing as well. For lunch, I made the same breakfast as Adoring Husband enjoyed earlier.

I have to say that the organic, nitrate free bacon from Wippell's is absolutely delicious. It's how I remember bacon was as a kid. It's cut thicker and it's not pink like the dyed stuff you get in the shops these days. The rind turns to crackle so easily under the grill and the smokey taste is delightful. I will double my order next time.

While we were in town yesterday, we bought some Cleaver's grass fed beef from Coles. That's what we had for dinner tonight, and I can't recall the last time I had such tender and juicy steak at home. I can't even remember what cut it was, but it was like a fillet mignon. I seared it on both sides and then put it in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Perfectly delicious.

I'm not usually a fan of beef, but I would eat this cut from Cleaver's on a regular basis.

I also spent some time sorting through my wardrobe and the massive pile of clothes that I had in the spare room and filled two big bags, one with jeans and capris and shorts and the other with dresses and tops. I was quite brutal. I needed to be.

I framed my Rainbow Bee Eaters photo (I will take a photo of it tomorrow, to show you) and got all my washing up to date and even though it's only 9pm, I'm feeling very weary, so I think I might head to bed and see how many hours I can snooze before my body thinks it's had enough.

I have a date with the girls tomorrow, which I am very much looking forward to,

Nite all.

No comments: