Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Being Present (or not)

Here's an interesting read ...

When did we decide women should shave their legs?

We ladies had a great day at The Boat Club in town today. There were about 16 or 17 of us and the club bus drove all the way from The Bay, out to our town to pick us up and drive us back in to the club.

Some of us shopped at the little boutique near the marina before heading into the club where some of us ordered coffee, or played the pokies before lunch.

Lunch was delicious and I enjoyed salmon steak and salad while sharing a bottle of wine with Lady Lynn.

We presented Cuddlepie with a farewell bottle of champagne and a card - just in case - and we hope that she is still in town for next month's luncheon, but you never know and we didn't want to miss the opportunity to tell her how much we have appreciated her humour and her company over the last few years.

At 2.30pm we all climbed aboard the bus which brought us home again.

I took my camera with me and lugged it around all day, then didn't even take a photo!! Honestly! Not even with my phone!

Sometimes I question my 'presence'.

Anyway, tonight is the first State of Origin match and it's about to begin, so I'm outta here.

Nite all.


No comments: