Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Where did it go?

My study plans for today seemed to have evaporated into thin air!

The morning started out so well, while Adoring Husband was cleaning out the back bedroom so that it could, once again, become his office, I was studying hard.

But .. as I've mentioned here in the past, Adoring Husband has a love/hate relationship with technology .. he has some kind of negative electrical energy swirling around him and when he touches anything electronic, everything turns to .. you-know-what!

Firstly he turned his desk top computer on, only to discover that it's power supply had failed. Much swearing and loud frustrated grumbling occurred, which seemed to go on and on and on and on.

Then he tried his laptop. Same problem. Much louder swearing and frustrated grumbling occurred. He announced to the entire neighbourhood that he could not believe this situation in which he found himself!

In between all of this, he brought piles of notepads, paperwork and photos to my desk, asking me where he should put it and asking me to go through it when I had a chance.

Considering how long it took me to get my desk clean enough to commence this semester of studies, I had to go through the piles immediately, so that took 20 minutes out of my study time.

That's about when I decided that the last hour or more of my studies had been wasted and that I should just give up.

I gave AH a piece of my mind and decided to prepare lunch.

After lunch, I attempted to study again, but then remembered that I had to send a parcel to Best Cousin in the World (should have been sent on Monday!), so I rode to the Post Office and by the time I got home, realised that the dog food needed to be made up, so that took over an hour.

I had an hour to spare before preparing an early dinner for AH who had SES duties tonight and had to leave home earlier than usual. So I cooked Butter Chicken - nice and easy and pretty fast.

All thoughts of study now slipped far, far away from my mind.

The day is gone and here I am at 11.30pm wondering what I've achieved for the day. Zip.

So, I guess I shall go to bed and attempt to make tomorrow more productive.

I'm looking forward to seeing 'That Sugar Film' tomorrow night, but disappointed that I'll be missing out on my Friday night at the Club with the girls. That's my favourite part of the week!

Nite all.

No comments: