Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 26, 2015

Is it too late?

Do you think it's too late for me to have singing lessons?  I wonder?  I've always wished I could sing and I wonder if it's necessary to have natural ability, or if you can learn to be as wonderful as Barbra Streisand or Pink or Celine Dion.

Recently, I've been posting videos, on facebook, of little kids singing. A four year old singing "I Will Always Love You" and an 18 month old singing along to Elvis's "Hallelujah" and now this eight year old singing an Ed Sheeran song.

I wish I could sing. I'm going to consider lessons.



Tomorrow is the big day.

I'm leaving on a jet plane and heading south where it's bloody cold and grey and foggy. I'm leaving the beautiful mild Queensland Winter sunshine that I love, that I've been longing for over the long hot Summer and will be spending two weeks wrapped up in a coat with scarf and gloves!

I don't generally feel the cold, so I can't imagine that I will suffer too much.

I'm excited at the prospect of playing with my camera and my imagination is picturing all sorts of pretty Winter scenery.

I'm also excited about seeing BGWLBH again!

It will be great to catch up with Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour tomorrow.

I'm keen to do some shopping. Retail therapy is always fabulous.

The search for great food will be a worthy challenge.

It's going to be a fun holiday.

I'm up for it!

As usual, it's almost midnight, so I'm off to get some sleep. I didn't get everything done on my list today, so I have a couple of chores to do first thing in the morning before I leave.

See you tomorrow, from the big smoke!

Nite all.

No comments: