Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One Down

I sat my Musculoskeletal exam today.

There was one question that I could not answer. I had absolutely no idea, not even enough of a clue to bluff my way through!!

There were about 4 questions that I could not complete .. they had four parts to them and I was only confident with three of the parts. Remember when I told you about the muscles having origins, insertions, actions etc? I struggled with the 'insertions' parts.

Aside from those few questions, the rest was much easier than I expected! So I'm feeling confident of a pass.

The challenge, for me, has kind of dulled now that they've changed the marking process. There are only two marks ... 'competent' or 'not yet competent' and then you get second chance to become competent. This disturbs me because in real life, when the life of a human being is in your hands, you don't get a second chance!

To be honest, I feel a lot less pressure with this marking system, but less pressure stops me from pushing myself and it's the 'pressure' and the 'pushing' that I thrive on.

Anyway, I'm glad it's done and dusted. Now I can relax and look forward to my road trip before the next exam is due .. two weeks after I get back!

I wrote out my packing 'to do' list this afternoon. We had a lazy Roz's dinner of chicken broth with diced chicken thigh, shallots and sweet potato noodles added. Strawberries and cream for dessert. Yum.

I know you will love this little video of a four year old boy singing a Whitney Houston song. He is pretty amazing!



Now I'm heading off to bed before I have to say "It's already after midnight" because it's only 11.15pm, so it's an early night for me!

Nite all.

No comments: