Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Halfway There

I'm almost packed! Can you believe that? Totes organised!

Tomorrow, I need to spend a considerable amount of time in the kitchen.

Two weeks worth of dog food to be prepared, ANOTHER 50 energy balls because Adoring Husband is a guts and has eaten almost all of the ones that I made at the beginning of the week and a few batches of the butter chicken sauce so that AH only has to add the meat.

At AH's request, I am not going to prepare any other meals, because if he doesn't eat them, I get cranky and question him about what he has eaten while I've been away! So I've made his bone broth for the mornings and will make the energy balls for his snacks and he will be in charge of all other meals!

It was a beautiful day today, aside from the short, but very heavy downpour mid afternoon, the weather was sunny and mild for the rest of it. I spent some time with bare feet in the sand on the beach at low tide this morning.

I found myself a comfortable rock and sat with my coffee, soaking up the sunshine and watching the lazy world pass by.

I love this time of year here. Winters are so mild during the days and cool enough at nights to snuggle under the covers and sleep soundly.

Anyway, before I head off to bed .. this movie looks like a bit of fun and hopefully BGWLBH and I will get to see it during our holiday. If not, I'll drag somebody to see it when I get back.



I'm getting good at this ... it's 11.10pm ... way before midnight!!

Nite all.

No comments: