Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bingeing Socially

I feel that I must confess to recently developing a social binge drinking problem!

Yesterday was lady's luncheon day at the Golf Club in The Bay. There were about twenty of us who car pooled and met there at midday.

Their menu was excellent, with a good selection of gluten free meals available. I enjoyed grilled king prawns with slaw, sweet chilly sauce and aioli. I also enjoyed sharing two bottles of wine with Apple and then a couple more glasses at The Speckled Hen's house where a few of us met after lunch.

I phoned Adoring Husband to come have a drink with The Speckled Hen's husband, The Dirty Old Man, so he arrived and sat in the shed with TDOM drinking beer.

We were having a lovely time, laughing and drinking and telling stories when a horrible accident happened.

Apple's chair snapped underneath her and she fell backwards, hitting her head on a house post. There was a lot of blood. Luckily, sober AH with his fresh first aid qualifications was handy. He came to investigate and then suggested that we call an ambulance.

We are very lucky to have a resident ambulance paramedic in town, so he was in the driveway quick smart and came to Apple's rescue. She passed all the concussion tests, but it was difficult to stop the bleeding. Apparently it was 8pm before the bleeding stopped.

AH and I decided it was time to come home and the last thing I remember, is pulling into our garage. Apparently, I cooked dinner! I do not remember that! I made spaghetti bolognese with zucchini noodles. Yes, scary isn't it?

I woke up in my bed at midnight, fully clothed.

This is my third such episode in a matter of months. I think it's time I take control of it before IT takes control of me!

Needless to say that I had a late start to my day this morning. Out of bed at 9am and out on the trike for coffee. While I was out we experienced an earthquake!! It was a 5.3 magnitude earthquake that was felt as far north as Yeppoon and south as far as the Gold Coast.

I felt nothing. Lady Lynn felt nothing. Adoring Husband was on Fraser Island and he definitely felt the tremor, phoning me immediately to see if I had felt it too.

It was BIG news and social media was alive with stories from people who were 'moved' by the experience (pardon the pun).

I had a quiet day at home, interrupted by a wonderful phone call from Vegan Chickie and Chicklet that lasted about an hour.

I watched an interesting movie called "Lucy" with Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. It was very violent and quite graphic, but the story was intriguing and the Lucy character was very strong. It was a good movie.

Tonight, I made another curry from our box of curry powders/spices. Parsee Chicken and Cashew Nut Curry Masala. I did a cauliflower fried rice with it. Delicious! It was the same curry that I taste tested at Childers.

Tomorrow, I will share some pics from the Christmas in July party and a couple more of the black cockatoos.

I hope that my body will get back to normal tomorrow and I can have a more productive day at my desk writing some more of my essay.

Oh! I also got a message via flickr to tell me that my twin tawnies photo had been stolen and was on a website for sale! So I've sent the site an email advising them of copyright laws and asking them to remove it immediately. This is the photo...


Do you remember it? How rude!!

Anyway, it's almost midnight, so I'm off to rest my toxic brain and body.

Nite all.

No comments: