Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 1, 2015

A+ for Procrastination

I'm really pushing my luck and putting myself under pressure to do everything that I planned, before I head to the Sunny Coast this month. Why do I do this to myself?

I had the perfect opportunity to put in a whole day of study today, but instead, I chose to go visiting and spent more than two hours with The Motivator, before buying six sand crabs from her. It took me 90 minutes to get all the meat out of the crabs and I sat down with my plate of crab meat and my study material, when I received a text from Vegan Chickie asking if I had felt the tremor!

A 5.6 tremor was felt between The Bay and Brisbane. I didn't feel it at all, however, another one an hour later, at 5.3 moved our house! I felt the floor under my feet move from side to side, giving me a feeling like vertigo .. and I was sitting down at the time! I could feel the couch move as well and the house made rickety, crackling sounds.

It didn't last very long, but it was long enough to make my heart race!

That rattled me enough to take my focus completely away from studying.

Meanwhile, last night, I finally decided on this photo for the flickr challenge...


It's the eye of a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo.

There have been some great photos submitted, so I won't even get a place, but at least I honed my procrastination skills by wasting ridiculous amounts of study time worrying about a photography challenge that I had no chance of winning .. and for which there is not even a prize, other than a boost to the ego!

Honestly! Where are my priorities?

Here are a couple of pics from the black cockatoos yesterday ...



... and on that note, I'm off to bed. Aside from study, I'm going to make the Raw Chocolate Raspberry Tart because my oven is STILL NOT FIXED!! Hopefully this Wednesday will bring me oven happiness. I miss my oven!

Nite all.

No comments: