Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Much Ado About Raptors

Today was a beautiful day.

Some days just hit you with natural beauty.  I sat by the water at the Seat of Knowledge for almost an hour, soaking up the sunshine and falling more deeply in love with the natural beauty of our river. It was a diamond day.

After I collected the mail and bought my morning coffee, I returned home to study, but I got a little side tracked and did some housework first. I did eventually get into the study and put in a few good hours. Satisfactory progress.

Mid afternoon I went for a ride to get more coffee. It's unusual for me to leave the house after lunch, but the sun was still shining and the day was still glorious, so I decided to brave it. It was worth the effort.

I tried out one of the curry spices tonight by preparing one of the recipes on the sheet provided in the box of jars. It was a southern Indian masala curry and I used chicken as the protein.  I don't think I used enough salt, but the flavour was very nice.

After I had prepared dinner, I grabbed my camera and raced out on the trike hoping to capture a decent sunset. The cloud formation was just right and it came so close to being spectacular a couple of times, but didn't quite make it. I got a couple of shots but nothing worth sharing.

I worked on these two shots today for the 'simplicity' challenge ...



I doubt that I'll use either of them .. unless I get desperate, because I only have 4 days left of the month and ideas are scarce!

It's already after midnight and I'm watching a movie called 'Healing' with Hugo Weaving. My favourite thing about this movie is the birdlife. It's about a prisoner rehabilitation program where the prisoners are given the responsibility of healing injured raptors before releasing them back into the wild.

There are owls and wedge tailed eagles and other raptors, all beautiful birds, but the wedge tailed eagle just takes my breath away. Spectacular and majestic and captivating. What I wouldn't give to get up close and personal with a creature such as that .. or at least close enough to get the perfect photograph.

Not quite a wedge tailed eagle, but check out this video of a crow - has to be the cleverest of all the birds. This left me shaking my head in disbelief!



Well, my movie is now over, so I'm off to bed. I've got morning tea with the girls tomorrow and then I need to contribute some more time to my essay, so I need to get my beauty sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: