Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Night Gap

We missed you very much tonight Lady Lynn. I hope that your health is improving quickly and you will be well enough to join us at Christmas in July on Saturday night!

So much for my studies today.

The fridge seal man came this morning and replaced the seals on the fridge/freezer in our garage. That should help our electricity bill somewhat! The fridge seal man was very nice but really wanted to have a chat. He needed to show Adoring Husband all the intricate details of replacing the seals on fridge/freezers. We just wanted him to hurry up so that we could go into The Bay!

AH had some errands to run for the SES so I decided to take the opportunity to have a pedicure/manicure.

I used to have French tips put on my nails on a regular basis and my nails were weak and easily broken, so they were never long enough to require a manicure.

Since I began eating Paleo, my nails grow very quickly and are, comparatively speaking, quite strong and healthy. My only difficulty lies in food preparation, when I regularly slice the end of my nail when preparing dinner!

So my toenails and fingernails are looking very groomed and clean and beautiful right now, just in time for Christmas in July tomorrow night!

It is currently 9.30pm and I'm feeling quite weary after a few glasses of wine, so I think an early night is on the catrds so that I can make the most of tomorrow night (Christmas in July).

No other news, or photos or FB pics to share, but I hope to get some great pics tomorrow night of the Christmas in July function, so I'll share them here.

Meanwhile, I can't stop *yawning* and need to lie down.

Nite all.

No comments: