Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Marginally Productive

Today was productive, but not in the study sense.

Morning tea was enjoyable with six ladies turning up this morning. We missed Lady Lynn who was absent due to illness. I hope she's feeling much better and full of beans as she reads this before she starts her day.

After morning tea, I spent an hour trying to sort out my exam papers with AIAS. Thank goodness the papers have now been emailed to my exam supervisor and I can relax about that part.

I prepared Osso Bucco for the slow cooker so that I could head into The Bay with Adoring Husband and not have to worry about cooking when we returned.

We headed into town to restock some pantry items and while we were there, had lunch at Aquavue. They have a delicious gluten free Prawn, Mango and Macadamia Nut salad that I used to enjoy on a regular basis, so I ordered that with a coffee. It was delicious, as it always was.

Of course I had to practice some retail therapy while I was in town and I bought a top and some pyjamas. Adoring Husband contributed to my teapot collection, buying me a very large and colourful teapot in the shape of a chicken. It's spectacular!

 I thought my wine drinking friends might enjoy this little video...



... and these appealed to me ...





It's now midnight and I have an exam to sit early tomorrow. 

Nite all.

No comments: