Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Movie Mania

So Adoring Husband was keen to hire a new release movie on Foxtel today. It was called 'Project Almanac' and the IMDB site describes it like this ...

"As a group of friends discover plans for a time machine, they build it and use it to fix their problems and for personal gain. But as the future falls apart with disasters, and each of them disappear little by little, they must travel back to the past to make sure they never invent the machine or face the destruction of humanity."

Being the huge Sci-fi fan that he is, you can understand from that description, why he was keen to watch it.

After the movie, I found my way to the IMDB site and gave the movie a rating out of ten. The rating that I gave it was a big fat TWO out of ten. That was being generous. 

The acting was dreadful. The storyline has been done. The camera work made it difficult to watch (it was filmed as if one of the group of kids was hand holding a video camera throughout the entire film). The special effects were pretty sad. It was all very predictable.

So my recommendation is ... don't watch it.

I sacrificed starting my essay assignment so that I could share the movie experience with AH so my disappointment was palpable.

We watched another movie on one of the movie channels called 'Starter for 10' which starred Benedict Cumberbatch and James McAvoy. It wasn't a bad movie. Nothing spectacular but easy to watch.

The next movie I watched after AH left for an SES meeting. One of my all time favourites. 'Romy and Michele's High School Reunion'.

Now, as I write this, I am watching the movie 'Swordfish' starring John Travolta and Hugh Jackman.

I think I will be pretty much all movie'd (yes I just made up that word) out by the time I go to bed. Swordfish doesn't finish til 11.30pm, so I guess it will be another late night .. but at least this blog update will be posted early!

I started the day with a visit to The Motivator to deliver her share of something we ordered online and to deliver her early birthday present. It was just a small gift, but I also made the chocolate cake last night and put a single slice in a cake gift box with a candle sticky taped to it. I think she appreciated the gesture and seemed very pleased.

I bought her last two sand crabs while I was there.

Picking up the mail and buying my morning coffee was the next stop, before I headed home and made AH a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, garlic mushrooms and tomato which he ate while I munched away on my sand crabs.

We didn't have lunch, but for afternoon tea, we had a huge slice of that chocolate cake with strawberries and cream. YUM!

Because of AH's SES meeting, I prepared an early dinner. I cooked a bacon, ricotta, sundried tomato and spinach quiche in the cast iron frypan (because as you may remember, my oven is not working!). I thought my quiche was delicious, but AH didn't like it, so his dinner consisted mainly of a salad.

So my day has been all about the movies.

Tomorrow will be all about the essay assignment!

Nite all.

   

No comments: