Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 3, 2015

A Notch Happier

Today was a slight improvement on yesterday.

I seriously believe that I need to increase my sunshine/vitamin D intake. I've only spent time at the Seat of Knowledge four times in the last two weeks, so I'm not getting enough happy morning sunshine. I'm going to make a concerted effort to pedal there every morning this week.

I bought some more sand crabs today, and as much as I'd have liked to waste some time with The Motivator, I didn't hang around, but came home to shell the crabs and then eat them all for lunch.

I spent a couple of hours studying and after my brain shut down, I chilled on the couch watching 'Love Actually'.

The day seemed to go very fast and before I knew it, Adoring Husband was home from his SES duties and it was time to cook dinner!

Boring old chicken and vegetables tonight, because my oven is still not working. Two more sleeps and it should be done!

Very very surprisingly, I came second in the flickr challenge with my bird's eye photo! I don't think my photo deserved it, but who am I to argue with a bunch of strange people who make such decisions with their votes!?

I collected a dozen eggs from the chook pen today, proving that Adoring Husband has been neglectful in his duties. I also picked an orange from our orange tree. There were two on the tree and it's our first crop since we planted it about 5 years ago (if not longer). I ate the orange and it was just a tiny bit tart, so it may have required a bit longer before picking.

Our peach tree has peaches and our mulberry tree has mulberries! The garden seems to think that it's Spring. I also noticed that the Rainbow Bee Eaters are back with a vengeance and seem to be everywhere!

So while the world is blossoming and blooming, I am a notch happier than I was yesterday. Tomorrow, I will be another notch happier .. even though I will miss my girls, Lady Lynn, Mardi and Maid Marian tomorrow at morning tea and then again at our monthly barbecue by the river tomorrow evening. I hope that you're all having a good time without me!!

Here is another photo of the male Lyre Bird from our road trip.


Time for bed.

Nite all.  

No comments: