Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Negative Motivation

Struggling with motivation again today. I did not finish my essay. I may never finish my essay. *sigh*

I had a nice morning, starting at the Seat of Knowledge, followed by coffee and then a stroll through the local markets.

I got some fresh lemons and mandarines, a couple of little gifts to put away for Christmas, a yellow handmade carved timber owl which is now up on the wall in my study and a basket made out of old timber and a bit of driftwood for the handle, which is now sitting on my kitchen bench filled with fresh eggs.

I chatted with the lovely couple who made these crafty items. I bought a gift for Vegan Chickie at the markets in February this year from the same couple. The husband remembered me and said "Goodness, you've lost a lot of weight and you look so healthy and vibrant! What have you been doing?"

We talked about his work with drug addicts and alcoholics and he admitted that he had learned a lot about himself by spending time with them and he even touched on childhood abuse issues just briefly.

They are a lovely couple and I wish we had been able to spend more time together.

I pedalled home fully intending to cook and study and make my day productive, but within twenty minutes of arriving home, all motivation flew out the window.

I did some washing, made some lunch, organised some of my packing, edited some old photos and watched some TV until the football started.

Very happy to say that I got three out of three today with my footy tips.. unfortunately I got none last night, but then most people got none last night!

Some of the photos ...




... and this is a current video, taken today of some White Bellied Sea Eagle chicks being fed by their parents! How cool is that!?



I finished off the bone broth tonight and now I'm ready to climb into bed.

Nite all.

No comments: