Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

No Winners

Very quiet in our corner of the Bowls Club tonight.

Maid Marian, Apple and I.

Nobody won the membership draw. Nobody won on keno. Nobody won on the poker machines. Nobody won on the raffles.

I got a lift home with Apple.

Adoring Husband hibernated at home after a big SES day.

I spent the day doing everything BUT my essay.

I made up a two week batch of dog food. I have bone broth in the slow cooker. Roasted a chicken in the oven ***yay my oven works***

I almost stayed in bed all morning because it was 4C with the wind chill factor! Very chilly!

Luckily I pedalled down to the Seat of Knowledge because the Dancing Queen was waiting there with her new iPad mini and had lots of questions to ask me. I sat with her for about 45 minutes giving her a few lessons on how to use Facebook and her Gmail account.

Of course, my morning coffee was next and then I got some chicken frames from the butcher for the bone broth.

When I arrived home, I noticed that the frames still had the parson's nose attached, so I cut them off and fried them up to munch on. YUMMO! My favourite part of the chicken.

I decided to pedal back to the butcher and ask him if he could keep the parson's noses separate for me and I will buy them by the kilo every Friday. He was happy to oblige.

I'm now imagining baking up a big batch of parson's noses, with honey and garlic, in the oven every Saturday afternoon to munch on while watching the footy! Drool.

Right now, at 12.40am, I am watching Australia get annihilated by the Poms in the cricket. I've decided that it's just too painful and torturous to watch, so I'm heading off to bed.

No photos to day. No videos. No quotes.

Have a happy weekend!

Nite all.  

No comments: