Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Forever Editing

Ugh!

I spent the entire day editing photos.

My joy and love for photography has definitely waned over the last year or so. I continue to offer my services for free. The Progress Association, Burrum Heads Newsletter, Village Voices, Volunteer Fire Brigade, Amateur Fishing Club, SES, ANZAC parades, the town Christmas party, local fund raising activities, birthday parties etc etc.

These things take a minimum one hour of my time, sometimes four or five hours, just to take the photos. These could mean very early mornings or very late nights.

Then comes the editing. Six hours today and I probably still have another two or three hours of editing left to do.

So before the recipient even sees these particular photos, from one of the shoots, you get a sneak peak.






 
I took so many photos of the grandkids all doing crazy things. They were a lot of fun. It was requested that I walk around the party and take candid shots as well.

There were a LOT of people gathered in the barbecue area, around the pool, in the large shed and inside the house, but the lighting (bright fluorescent yellow tube lights) was absolutely dreadful everywhere except in the shed, so I've had to do some really heavy editing to make them look even halfway respectable.

Anyway, that was my wasted Sunday, while Adoring Husband wandered around town with the SES selling Christmas cakes.

My brain is very tired, so I'm off to bed now, to be ready for more editing tomorrow.

Nite all



   

No comments: