Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The New Tuesday

Wednesday is the new Tuesday.

Morning tea with the girls on Tuesdays, has been changed to morning tea with the girls on Wednesdays. I know I'm not alone when I say .. I'm already feeling a bit discombobulated! How silly that such a small change in routine can have such a big impact!

Aside from the fact that Wednesday is delivery day for the butcher and a mega-sized semi-trailer pulled up near us, blocking the car parking spots and idling it's very loud engine for about fifteen minutes, it was a very pleasant morning .. as it always is with the girls!

From there, I rode to The Motivator's house with my second coffee for the day and we spent a couple of hours catching up with each other's news. She had been on holidays for a couple of weeks while I was on the Sunny Coast, and then she had business in Sydney, so there was much to talk about.

When it was time to head home, I remembered my meat order from the butcher, so I pedalled to the shops and returned Adoring Husband's call that I'd missed earlier. We decided to get a coffee (Yes! My third for the day!), so he met me at the shops and took the groceries home in the car.

Poor AH had to eat a late lunch (last night's leftovers) because it was almost 2pm. I had a text match with BGWLBH (I thought that I ALMOST convinced her to come up for Christmas, but alas no) while the pumpkin cooked for the dog food. By the time I got the dog food sorted it was after 3.30pm and then we had to clean up the kitchen. I sat down for an hour and it was time to start dinner!

During my hour break, I found this, which I thought was cute enough to make me giggle ... Dogs who have no understanding of personal space.

I've decided to make a 'to do' list of all the things I need/want to do before Christmas. It starts a little something like this ...

  • Bath and groom the dogs
  • Clean my office
  • Wash the windows
  • Get my ironing up-to-date
  • Clear the back office ready for Vegan Chickie and Chicklet's visit for Christmas
  • Wrap the Christmas gifts
  • Mail some Christmas gifts
  • Plan Christmas table decorations
... there will be more to add to the list and I have to complete the chores on this list by 21st December, which is when I travel down to the Sunny Coast for my next dental appointment.

Now, if I could just rustle up some time management skills and some motivation from somewhere ... well, you know the rest. *rolls eyes*

I must admit that my solid eight hours of sleep last night has breathed some motivational fire in my belly .. hence the 'to do' list!

Now, to get another early night, to fan those motivational flames!

Nite all.  

No comments: