Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Surprisingly Princessly

A truly amazing artist ...



Feeling really good today. I only got about 5 hours sleep last night, but breakfast was really good this morning .. bacon, eggs and avocado with an extra large coffee.

An hour or two in the children's playground, some grocery shopping and a stop in the children's shop for a princess dress and some shiny sparkly shoes for someone special!!




She's never been keen on dresses or girly stuff before, so I had to take lots of pics .. of course, I didn't bring my camera, so the phone camera had to do. Vegan Chickie has much better phone camera skills and Instagram skills than I, so her pics seems to be the best of the bunch. I definitely need some practise!

The dress and shoes were soon tossed on the floor and she was running around naked wearing a dinosaur mask not long after we got the pics. Gotta be quick!!

Chicklet and I played some games, but by 2pm, yesterday caught up with me and I had to have a nap. Much to Chicklet's disappointment, I slept for a bit over an hour, but I made up for it by sharing some sticker activities with her before I cooked dinner.

Mama had bath duty tonight, while I had kitchen duty. Luckily, I got story time with Chicklet before she fell asleep.

Tomorrow, we all head home on the train! Chicklet's first big train trip I think?!

I'm aiming for an earlier night tonight. It's just about 11pm and it's lights out for me.

Nite all.

No comments: