Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

He's a bit sickly

Well, alas, Adoring Husband has become ill with some kind of respiratory virus.

When I first met him, he was a sickly character and spent a lot of time in hospital with chest infections that required strong antibiotics administered intravenously, often double doses. For the first six or seven years that we were together, it was a 'given' that he would be sick enough to need time off work, time in bed and time in hospital a few times a year.

Before we left Sydney, he had to have x-rays and tests on his lungs, because there were shadows, which turned out to be scarring from previous infections. The doctor had been concerned that the shadows were something more sinister. That was a lucky escape!

Then we moved to Queensland.

He became fit and lean and strong, working the lawn mower business. He spent time in the sunshine and built up his Vitamin D levels. From memory, he got the flu twice in the first two years and one of those times was because he shovelled mushroom compost in the garden without a mask and got spores in his lungs.

Since we changed our diet/lifestyle and stopped eating gluten, dairy and sugar (it's now 4 yrs gluten free and two years dairy and sugar free), it has now been more than four years since his last flu or virus. I believe that's a record for his entire life!

I'm surprised that his immune system was weak enough to let this one in, although it's that time of the year when people are festively hugging and kissing and passing on Christmas wishes, along with all their germs.

So we're using colloidal silver on the back of his throat, dosing up on super strength vitamin C capsules, antioxidants and multivitamins combined with probiotics,  juicing up with oranges and pineapples, medicating with chicken broth and lots of water. He's been sleeping on and off in his chair - sleep is good.

Unfortunately, I have to go away tomorrow, for two nights, so I have to trust that he is going to be vigilant with my prescription for good health.

Hopefully, it won't deteriorate to a full blown infection and he will recover quickly while I'm away.

Thought you might enjoy this little video ...    



An interesting read and includes stories from people who had amazing health success using oils.

Essential Oils

A story from the ABC about the health problems occurring in Australian hospitals and with doctors. The statistics for accidental deaths and permanent injuries, are quite shocking.

Medical errors in Australia

It's now 10pm .. I'd best go finish my chores before bed. I have a very early start tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: